Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Full Moon



Firstly, apologies for missing two posts, got a bit hooked onto Entourage and so...
Today, was the full moon and I could finally test my new lens, a Sigma 600mm mirror. In plain terms, a lens with super zoom. I had really wanted a lens with great zoom to click some bird pictures, since my outing to the Land  Between the Lakes in KY (The pictures of which are not yet up). Going for the regular huge zooms meant either selling my car or settling for some cheap knock off. The only viable option left was a mirror lens.
A mirror lens, is different form a so called normal camera lens (also known as refractive lens) in so as it uses mirrors to reduce the length of the lens to give an equal amount of zoom. I plan to put on details of the same soon.
After some prodding from my friends, and kind of a challenge from one of my photographer friends, I decided to test the new lens, and am so far amazed with the results. Below is a slightly darkened image that  could take. Had to use a tripod!

However, I did not want to make this a challenge of 'who has the biggest zoom', so thanks to a really good idea from my room mate, here are two more where I tried to go for a different view. Hopefully you like it.



Both images above have been taken with the new lens. The below is with a smaller lens.



Your inputs please.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Abhishek,

    Hey the first photo of The Full Moon is so clear n awesome . Excellent Job :-)

    With due respect to your photography, dont know much about the techniques u used to click the 2nd photo, but it seems to be somewhat far away from clarity. Will appreciate for such an exclusive clicking effort :-)

    ReplyDelete